Sunday, August 26, 2012

 


As a Latter Day Saint (Mormon), I am often called upon to make dinner or dessert for someone who is sick, as a welcome gift, or as a gift for those I visit with regularly.  Not to mention for parties, pot-lucks, and birthdays.

I have been on a journey this year to learn to eat better.  So I have searched to find ways to make really yummy things, with less sugar, sodium, fat and carbs.  Here's one of my favorites. To me, its SUPER yummy.

What you will need:
One graham cracker crust shell (you can buy a low fat version)
One box of fat free, sugar free JELL-O instant cream cheese pudding (white chocolate also tastes yummy)
2 cups reduced fat (not fat free) milk, cold
1 cup fat free cool whip
4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
Berries to top (or some chocolate to drizzle - sugar free carmel ice cream topping tastes yummy too but I really prefer berries - normally black, blue, and strawberries)


In a bowl, combine pudding mix and milk.  Beat with a hand mixer at a medium setting for 1 minute.  Add in the cool whip and the soft, cream cheese.  Beat on low until well mixed.  Then beat on high for 2 minutes. 

Pour mixture into the pie crust and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.  Remove and top with whatever berries you want, in whatever design that tickles your fancy.  The picture above was for July 4th.

This doesn't have the consistency of cheese cake - but it is thicker than pudding.  If you want it really thick you can also add some GELLATIN.  I also like to freeze this before cutting. MMMM

When you are over-weight, people just assume you eat poorly.  I was asked when my baby was due last week.  Talk about a self esteem buster. I have lost weight but after breaking my foot in May and being in a cam walker until the beginning of August - my efforts to loose more was put on hold.  I tried working out right away but my foot is still in pain and healing - its been a long wrong.  But I am getting back into my routine.  Can I just say - just because someone weighs more than you, does NOT mean you are healthier or that you eat better.  I am not a fitness guru, nope - (hehehe I giggled a bit at the thought of that....) 

I know that there are a lot of things I could do better - but supplementing something like this into your normal diet, is a good thing.  Something EVERYONE can do.  And no "diet" will ever work if you cut out everything yummy.  And trust me, this is really good - make sure you keep your portion size down.  If you make it... let me know what you think!  OH and yes, other pudding flavors are just as yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment